2002 RSX AC/HEATING SYSTEM

• Eloy0730
  • 2002 Acura RSX
  • manual

I have a 2002 RSX type S and the ac\heating system will not turn on at all! I've checked all fuses and it's fully charged. I have know Idea on what it could be. =*( Any suggestions?

Let me add that the system will turn on every now and then when I turn the car on.
When that happens I can only keep it on the highest lvl or else it will turn off. Which I think is weird.

Friday, January 14th, 2011 AT 3:27 AM

• DrCranknWrench

Sounds like the fan relay. To test: Go to the under-hood fuse/relay box, find and pull the A/C fan relay. Find the two small prongs on the relay. Add battery positive to one and battery negative to the other. When you touch the second wire to the prong it will click if it's good.

Friday, January 14th, 2011 AT 4:50 AM
  • Eloy0730

Sweet! I'll check it out in the morning. I'm reading up on how to do that right now. Thank you! I'll keep you posted.

Friday, January 14th, 2011 AT 7:56 AM
  • KHLow2008

Try giving the blower motor housing some banging with your hands. If motor starts working, the carbons are failing and motor has too be replaced.

Friday, January 14th, 2011 AT 2:25 PM