I HEAR A CLICKING NOISE

2002 Acura RL

2CarPros-Archives

October, 9, 2010 AT 12:47 AM

2002 Acura RL 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 125,000 miles. I have a few questions. 1- I hear a clicking noise, sometimes when I am turning? 2- I just changed the brakes and pads for the entire car and I hear a screeching noise somewhere in the back. 3- I also have a problem with rubbing when I drive over bumps. The car is well maintained. I just changed all brakes with drilled slotted rotors and ceramic pads.I also just got brand new wheels and tires size 255/40-18, the car came with 225/55-16 the rubbing problem was happening even before I upgraded the wheels. It was also hit on the driver's side fender. It was a hit and run while it was parked. I am also in the process of changing the shocks. Can you give me any recommendations to solve my problems?

2CarPros-Archives

October, 9, 2010 AT 12:51 AM

By any chance, did you lubricate the brake pad edges (ears) before putting it on the bracket? Clicking noise could be from the brake pads shifting up or down on the bracket. Drive the car forward and reverse for a few feet a couple of times, check if you can hear the same noise. Screeching noise could be from a dust shield making contact with the rotor. Just push the metal plate back, away from the rotor and see if it helps. As far as the rubbing goes, I guess you could just take a look at the fender well lining and make sure it's in place. Other than that, you may have bent parts or could use an alignment. How does the tire wear? It should give you a good idea on the rubbing

Engine Oil Change and Filter Chevrolet Tahoe
Engine Oil Change and Filter Saturn Vue