2002 ACURA RL

• niurkam01@yahoo.com
  • 2002 Acura RL

Suspension problem
2002 Acura RL 4 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 75000 miles

I hear a rattle coming from the front driver side tire
area whenever I hit a bump. It seems to be getting worst I tried looking in the manual but no such luck.
Please help me with your expert advise
thank you. Nikki

Friday, August 13th, 2010 AT 4:00 PM

• caradiodoc

Hi Nikki. Welcome to the forum. It's time for an inspection by an alignment and suspension specialist. Rattles over bumps generally are not a major safety issue but there are exceptions. It's common for anti-sway bar links to rattle when they're worn or broken. They affect handling mostly during high speed cornering. Many older cars didn't even have anti-sway bars. Brake pads and calipers like to rattle too when their anti-rattle hardware is broken or missing. Again, usually not a serious safety concern but not something to ignore.

Other possibilities are loose exhaust heat shields, worn engine mounts that allow the two metal brackets to contact each other, and broken exhaust pipe hangers. Rattles are relatively easy to diagnose most of the time but of course there can be the elusive ones too. An inspection by a professional is the fastest way to get an accurate diagnosis.

Friday, August 13th, 2010 AT 5:22 PM
  • matthewsmith

Hi,

Did you send your car to the nearest car shop, much better to keep it diagnosed.

Monday, September 20th, 2010 AT 5:31 AM