FUEL LINE ISSUE

2001 Saturn SC2

uteman123

November, 19, 2010 AT 2:16 AM

I have a 2001 saturn sc2 recently it stopped turning on I replaced the battery thinking it was just that. Less than a week later it wouldn't start anymore but when I turn the key all the lights come on and seems normal just wont start. Wont even attempt to turn over. I tried jumping it cleaning the terminals and checked connections I found a broken line of what I think is the fuel line. Is there an automatic stop sequence when this breaks that would make it the engine not even turn?

Jacobandnickolas

November, 19, 2010 AT 2:24 AM

No, the vehicle has an auto shut down (ASD) but a leaking fuel line won't set it. If it isn't even trying to turn over, you need to check something for me. First, have a helper turn the key to the start position while you check for power to the smaller wire on the starter. You should have 12 volts when the key is in the start position. Do that and let me know what you find.

NOTE: I'm not sure what is broken, but a fuel line would not stop the starter from turning the engine. If it is a fuel line, repair it before doing anything other to the vehicle. When checking for power, it could produce a spark. If it is a fuel line, there could be a fire.

If possible, can you upload a picture of the broken item so I can see it?

Fuel Filter Replacement Chevrolet Silverado
Fuel Filter Change
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Filters Replacement 2015 RAM 2500 6.7L
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Filter Mount Replacement Chevrolet