OVER HEATING ISSUES AFTER A FEW REPAIRS

2001 Rover 75

izykvision

August, 22, 2012 AT 12:05 PM

Hello, pls I have overheating issues with my Rover 75. I'm thinking of replacing the whole engine with a honda or toyota engine. Is this possible?

August, 22, 2012 AT 12:22 PM

Nope, manufacturer specific. You will be limited to whatever options were available from rover.

izykvision

August, 22, 2012 AT 1:16 PM

Pls what do u advise me to do? Will a total engine change with another Rover 75 engine solve the problem. Pls will appreciate your detailed response. Thanks a lot.

August, 22, 2012 AT 2:28 PM

Are you sure the motor is bad? Did you have a leak down test done to confirm?

izykvision

August, 22, 2012 AT 3:27 PM

The head gasket was bad. That was replaced and after that the oil turned milky again. White smoke comes out at d back. Suspect a cylinder head crack. The thermostat was also removed. Pls note dis fault was noticed in d UK.I shipped the car that way to Nigeria, thinking it will be an easy fix as I had d intention of changing the engine to that of a honda ivtec or toyota camry 2.0. Ive also been advised to change d radiator to double cell as its now in a hot region. Pls ur expert advise on this is highly valued. Thanks

August, 22, 2012 AT 3:55 PM

First, put the thermostat back in. That alone will damage the motor.

I agree with the cracked head.

Thermostat Replacement Mercedes Benz C230
Thermostat Replacement Chrysler PT Cruiser
Radiator Replacement Mercedes Benz ML 500
Thermostat Replacement Chevrolet Blazer