I HAVE A 2001 MAZDA MVP

2001 Mazda MPV

sherribeemerjohnson

February, 21, 2013 AT 1:05 PM

I have a 2001 Mazda mvp. I'm having 2 problems with it and would like to have a clue as to what is wrong before I take it in to be fixed. 1st problem. Occasionally when I break the car makes a loud horn like noise. If I pump my brake it stops. Second and more concerning. When the car is in motion I am hearing a rubbing and chug sound from my fron passenger side tire area. The sound speeds up as the car speeds up and if I'm turning left, no matter how slight, it is much louder. Any thoughts?

saturntech9

February, 21, 2013 AT 3:02 PM

I am thinking a front wheel bearing or axle shaft for the noise while driving and it gets louder while turning. Does the noise while breaking cone from the front also possible the same wheel as the other noise while driving?

sherribeemerjohnson

February, 21, 2013 AT 3:08 PM

It comes from the front, but I can not tell which side. Since I've posted this question I went and started my car to warm it up. While I was inside getting ready to go the car was parked and it made that hornish sound again.

saturntech9

February, 21, 2013 AT 3:27 PM

Does the noise get louder when revving the engine while its in park?

sherribeemerjohnson

February, 21, 2013 AT 4:06 PM

No it makes no difference at all.

saturntech9

February, 21, 2013 AT 8:22 PM

So the noise is coming from the. Engine?

sherribeemerjohnson

February, 21, 2013 AT 8:50 PM

I don't think so, but then I'm not an expert! ; ) Except for this last time it only happens when I brake.

saturntech9

February, 22, 2013 AT 2:34 AM

So you heard the noise with vechile off while you were inside your house?

sherribeemerjohnson

February, 22, 2013 AT 2:50 AM

Then car was running right outside my window, but yes I heard the hornish sound while I was inside

saturntech9

February, 22, 2013 AT 3:31 AM

Your going to have to have someone check it and see what's going on.

Vacuum Leak Test and Repair - All Cars
Mass Air Flow Sensor Clean Toyota Tacoma
Mass Air Flow Sensor Clean Ford Explorer 1995