CAR

2001 Kia Carnival

Jasinique

May, 4, 2011 AT 11:32 AM

My Kia carnival started to make a rattle sound when I accelerated and when I turned the car off it was making a gurgling sound from under the bonnet what could it be?

May, 4, 2011 AT 12:31 PM

This vehicle is notorious for overheating problems and the gurgling noise could be a fault with the cooling system. The rattle could be engine poinking due to overheating. Did you monitor the temperature gauge while driving?

Check the coolant level in system and also note if there are presence of water in the engine oil.

Jasinique

May, 6, 2011 AT 11:27 AM

Hi, it only gurgled once, I filled up the coolant and water two days ago and it hasnt needed refilling. So far the thermostat hasnt shown any sign of overheating but it has since started to feel like it is******** when I accelerate, almost like it feels like it is going to stall or isnt picking up the gears, it seems to be worse than yesterday, what could it be?I cant afford a mechanic at the moment and im quite worried its something serious.I checked the oil and it seems like there is no water

May, 6, 2011 AT 5:13 PM

Symptoms so far indicates you do not have any problems and if the coolant was low previously, hope it had not caused any serious overheating.

Repair on the engine is expensive. The jer king is most probably due to a misfiring. Have the spark plugs checked. If the Check Engine Light is indicating, have the trouble code retrieved and let me know what it is.

Oil Change & Filter Replacement Honda Civic
Ignition Coil System Test Repair - All Cars
Oil Change & Filter Replacement Ford Taurus
Engine Oil Change and Filter