Is my fuel filter clogged or is it maybe a speed sensor

RIBICH
  • 2001 HYUNDAI ELANTRA
The past few weeks the car hiccupped occassionaly when driving at highway speed (55-60mph)but kept going good. I've put new plugs in, tranny and oil good, air filter good, however, after 5 miles (30-35 mph)(slight grade) it almost stalled (no reaction from gas pedal). After another 5 miles on another grade, it stalled out. I waited a couple minutes and restarted. 10 miles later at highway speed (55-60 mph) it bogged down and came to a stall (no grade, level road). I restarted again and made it another 3 miles to work. Is this the fuel filter or electronic/computer gizmos? I don't feel like tearing out the back seat if it is not the filter/pump.
Monday, October 17th, 2011 AT 5:53 PM

FIXITMR
When you say hiccup do you mean cuts out completely for a second? Not bogs/slows down?
Monday, October 17th, 2011 AT 6:15 PM
RIBICH
The hiccup was just a fraction of a second little jolt, a very slight hestation, but kept on rolling.
Monday, October 17th, 2011 AT 6:28 PM
FIXITMR
Does sorta sound like a fuel problem though. A fuel pressure test could confirm this. And engine sensors also have great influence on fuel delivery even if pressure is right constantly.
Monday, October 17th, 2011 AT 6:32 PM