POSSIBLE AXLE NOISE

2001 Honda Civic

luvnhondas

October, 6, 2011 AT 2:17 PM

I have a 2001 civic lx 5 speed and we just replaced the throwout bearing clutch pilot bearing. When we started car there was no noise when we put axles in the car makes a grinding noise when clutch pedal is let out but stops when clutch is pushed in when we had tranny out we inspected input bearing and there was no visual signs of a bad throwout bearing could a axle do this

New Axel Noise

Axle Noise

hmac300

October, 6, 2011 AT 5:05 PM

Ya an axle shaft or the transmission input bearing or anyother bearing in the trans. Look for a torn boot on axles, if there area any then replace the axle

luvnhondas

October, 6, 2011 AT 6:16 PM

I meant there was no sign of a bad input shaft bearing so if there is no rip in boot then do I rule out the axles?

hmac300

October, 6, 2011 AT 7:21 PM

No you'll have to try to see which side it's coming from and if it does it while brakeing etc. It may bea wheel bearing as well.

luvnhondas

October, 6, 2011 AT 7:43 PM

But would a clutch being pushed in make the noise stop or does that deal with strictly transmission

hmac300

October, 6, 2011 AT 7:46 PM

Then it 's eitehr a clutch problem or tranny problem. If you let teh tranny hangon the clutch while you installed you could have bent the disc
or damaged the tranny

Axle Seal Replacement
Axle Bearing, Seal, E-Brake Shoes, Brake Pads
Differential Fluid Level Check
Differential Fluid Service - Front
Differential Fluid Change Ford F250