CHANGED FRONT BALL JOINTS AND SWAY BAR TO STRUT ...

2001 Holden Commodore

Anonymous

February, 7, 2013 AT 10:39 AM

Changed front ball joints and sway bar to strut tower and control arm bushes. We put the brakes back on and now there is a loud grinding noise from the brakes as soon as I apply pressure to them or release pressure. Took brake pads out to see what was going on and I have vertical scratches down the brake pads like the brake pads are lose and they are not. They are half worn but nothing that would cause a problem.

DrCranknWrench

February, 7, 2013 AT 10:46 AM

One thing to check is to make sure you did not leave out a washer when installing the caliper bolt. It can happen when you have lots of parts un-assembled. Also, the springs that retain the pads in the caliper may be installed wrong. Check to see if a different position would work better. Also get some lock washers and add them to the caliper mountting bolts and see what happens.
Another thing that can happen is the heat shield gets bent and touches the caliper when the brakes are applied. Try bending it away from the rotor especially near the lower ball joint.

Lower Control Arm Bushing Replacement Honda
Upper Control Arm Replacement
Leaf-Spring Squeak Repair - All Cars
Sway Bar Link Replacement Subaru Legacy