WON'T START

2001 GMC Safari

vanwoes

August, 20, 2011 AT 7:22 PM

My mechanic says everytime he start the van the main fuse blows. He says it'll start if he jumps it. To give you the history on this, in late June I was driving down the highway when the engine shut off. Would not restart. Mechanic replaced the ingition switch. Van seemed fine, but when I got home windshield wipers didn't work. Mechanic replaced the wiper solenoid. For about 2 weeks I would sometimes have trouble starting but it would eventually kick over. Then, again it shut off while I was driving, in late July. Had to be towed again! I noticed on the occassions when it would not start (and when it shut off while I was driving) that the fuel guage registered no fuel, though there was ample fuel in the vehicle. The mechanic cannot figure out why the fuse keeps blowing. My van has been there for 3 1/2 weeks while he has been troubleshooting. Today he tells me to take it someplace else. He is at a loss. I am frustrated.

August, 20, 2011 AT 8:22 PM

Because I can't see anything from here, your the one that needs to do some testing, Ok? The fuse that keeps blowing, which one is it? Where is it located and what is the amp rating? I can find what systems are on that circuit, then you will have to do some testing to decide which system is causing the problem? Sometimes it is like hunting a needle in a haystack?

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Pressure Test