ELECTRICAL PROBLEM?

2001 Ford Windstar

usfcire

July, 31, 2011 AT 10:03 PM

2001 Windstar power windows on driver side (front door and rear quarter) have stopped working. I press on the switch and hear a clicking noise at the door and at the rear motor. Fuse is fine. The passenger side windows work fine. Should I change out the switch panel (its all one piece)? Any other thoughts as to what it may be?

The Ford man

July, 31, 2011 AT 11:46 PM

I would not start replacing parts untill a bit of diagnosis is performed. I suspect the switch is operating normally since you stated that you hear a click noise. This typically indicates that the switch is working. Remove the door panel and check the voltage at the black and yellow wire at the motor connector while actuating the window switch down. Repeat the same while pressing the switch up on the oragne and yellow ire. If you have voltage, then the motor has failed.

Replace Quarter Panel
Fix a Door That Will Not Close With Ease
Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement
Wiper Blade Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Windshield Washer Reservoir Replacement