How to install a solenoid b shift in my F-150

CORYP
  • 2001 FORD F-150
I went to a couple mechanic and there computer said the same thing when they found the problem. Its the solenoid b shift and it needs to be replaced or the wiring is messed up. I bought the part from auto zone and plan to replace it myself. I had problems with truck all at the dammed time. I hit a mound witch hit my pan underneath. That's when the O/D light came on along with the engine light. It also had trouble shifting to 2nd gear and would***** at times. The pan has 14 pins not 20. The engine size is5.4 l. What's the beet way to go about draining the granny fluid.
Thursday, January 5th, 2012 AT 7:20 PM

DOCFIXIT
Remove pan bolts leave one one engine side two on rear. With all other bolts and pan in placeloosen front bolt then two rear just a bit keep doing that till fluid starts f;owing over front of pan. Then remove front bolt all the way support pan with hand let drain then slowly lossen remaining rear bolts. Suppost with hand once both backs out tilt and drain in pan. Note have some "kitty litter on hand fluid will splash around. Once pan off place drain pan under valve body/filter cause it will drip for 10 days. Valve body needs removal careful to catch all check balls once body out silenoids can be removed. See diagrams
+3
Thursday, January 5th, 2012 AT 7:35 PM
CLK320
  • 2001 FORD F-150
I'm replacing the solenoid block on my 4r100 transmission. I can't get the connector plug disconnected. It's in a very tight space. Any suggestions on how to open the plug. Is there a tab to push in or pull out? I'm confused?
Friday, November 9th, 2018 AT 5:46 PM (Merged)
DOCFIXIT
Need special tool see diagram
MIKECOACHUSA
  • 2001 FORD F-150
I installed an electric fan=wired to a red wire that was hot only when key was on, wire was under hood near hinge on drivers side. Truck ran great for 10 miles. Next time I went to start it= would not start=blew fuse #18, fuel pump. Replaced fuse and truck ran great but when put into drive, truck shook, stumbled and nearly died. Thru codes PO755 = shift solenoid B malfunction and PO443= purge control valve malfunction. Disconnected fan and battery for half hour but still had the same results.
BMRFIXIT
If had no problem prior to fan hook up I would suspect wiring burnt or fuse out check all fuses using a test light key on or engine running if possible check central junction box under left side of dash battery junction box left side of engine compt.
Good luck
+1