2001 Dodge Ram Idle problem

CAWOODS
  • 2001 DODGE RAM
What does dodge code p1582 mean? Where is the ac drain location on a 01 Dodge Ram 1500 truck?
Tuesday, May 12th, 2015 AT 3:30 PM

I don't have a listing for that code number. If necessary, I'll try to find a Chrysler service manual to find out what it means.

What kind of "idle problem" are you having? Was the battery recently disconnected or run dead?

The AC drain tube is always on the engine-side of the firewall on the passenger side. Look for a 4" rubber hose with a 90 degree bend in it hanging down.
Tuesday, May 12th, 2015 AT 5:41 PM
CAWOODS
I haven't had a dead battery recently. My truck idles rough when you put it in gear. When your stopped it idles rough
Tuesday, May 12th, 2015 AT 5:46 PM
Rough running is typical of a misfire. How long since the spark plugs and wires were replaced?
Tuesday, May 12th, 2015 AT 6:04 PM
CAWOODS
They were changed 2 months ago
Tuesday, May 12th, 2015 AT 6:13 PM
The first thing I would suspect is a plug wire that didn't get fully-seated. That will lead to arcing between the terminal and the spark plug, and eventually the wire will burn back far enough to cause a misfire. Don't overlook the distributor cap and rotor. Check for carbon-tracking, cracks, and moisture.

Normally misfires will be detected by the Engine Computer which will set a diagnostic fault code specifying which cylinder is at fault. When no code is set, consider other causes of harshness such as a collapsed rubber isolator in an engine mount.
Tuesday, May 12th, 2015 AT 6:25 PM
CAWOODS
Ok thanks.
Tuesday, May 12th, 2015 AT 6:28 PM
CAWOODS
What does dodge code p 0305 mean? How do I fix it? It's on a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 truck.
Friday, May 15th, 2015 AT 10:30 PM
P0305 - Cylinder 5 Misfire Detected

Same as any other misfire. Gotta have consistent spark, fuel, compression, valves opening fully and not leaking.
Saturday, May 16th, 2015 AT 8:04 PM