MY CAR KEEPS DYING WHILE I AM DRIVING BUT RESTARTS QUICKLY. WHAT IS WRONG?

2001 Dodge Neon

Glow20

October, 15, 2012 AT 7:04 AM

My car is a 2001 dodge neon automatic. It has recently started dying while I am driving. I still have electrical power and I had my battery tested and it is fine. It starts up again after I turn it off and let it sit for about 30 seconds. There are no other problems. It doesn't make any sounds or anything. The engine just quits. Please help.

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

October, 15, 2012 AT 7:16 AM

When engine stalled, did the dash indicator lights come on then?
Do you mean to say you are not able to restart immediately?
Does engine stall only when slowing down or stopped?

Glow20

October, 15, 2012 AT 4:44 PM

It wont restart immediately no. But it doesn't take more than a few seconds before it will. It dies at different times and at different speeds. So far it hasn't died while I was stopped. I'm not sure about the dash indicator lights. Next time it happens I will pay attention.

October, 15, 2012 AT 4:53 PM

Possibilites for such problems are varied and since the non starting time is rather short, diagnosing is not going to be easy.

If the dash indicator lights are not showing, it can mean a bad ignition switch that is intermittently losing contact and cutting of power supplies.

It could also be due to fuel supply problems and a failing fuel pump or relay can cause that too.