Key entry lock

YANNICRISANTOS
  • 2001 DODGE DAKOTA

I cant get my key entry remote to lock or unlock on my dodge dakota I test the control but its working good I need help

Saturday, June 25th, 2011 AT 5:17 PM

YANNICRISANTOS

I changed the battery it is new. I dont know do you know where is that system someone told me is in the side of the door I dont know what is the problem with control I think it is the sensor.

+2
Saturday, June 25th, 2011 AT 8:53 PM

There's a remote keyless entry module on top of the dash but they don't fail very often. It's more likely the key fobs need to be reprogrammed to the receiver. That is done with the DRB3 at the Chrysler dealership.

Be sure to check all of the fuses under the hood and inside the truck.

+3
Saturday, June 25th, 2011 AT 10:07 PM
YANNICRISANTOS

Okay ill check it and see. Thanks for your help I really needed it. :)

Sunday, June 26th, 2011 AT 12:14 AM
YANNICRISANTOS

I also forgot to tell you that the last time it worked when I fixed the Power Window Regulator the one on the side on driver seat when I push the lock button it locked but the horn when lock sounded week? What could that be?

-2
Tuesday, June 28th, 2011 AT 7:53 PM
YANNICRISANTOS

I mean that last time the remote that locks the door worked was when I had replace window regulator when I was finished I lock the door for the last time and when it locked the sound of the horn sounded week. After that it has not been working I checked the remote at auto zone where it test the remote and it said it was working good. Sorry for the bad grammar. Do you know what can that be?

-1
Tuesday, June 28th, 2011 AT 11:00 PM

Besides putting out a signal, the receiver in the truck has to be programmed to accept that signal and not all of the others. It might be necessary to have the dealer reprogram the key fobs with their DRB3 scanner. They can program up to four of them to your truck.

-1
Wednesday, June 29th, 2011 AT 6:03 AM
YANNICRISANTOS

It cant be program this way? I got this from the internet>

1. ENTER YOUR TRUCK AND CLOSE ALL DOORS

2. PUT ON YOUR SEAT BELT SO THE SEAT BELT BUZZER DOES'T CONFUSE YOU WITH THE CHIMING YOU WANT TO HEAR

3. PLACE THE KEY IN THE IGNITION

4. TURN THE KEY TO THE ON POSITION BUT DO NOT START

5. PRESS AND HOLD THE UNLOCK BUTTON ON THE KEY FOB

6. HOLD THE UNLOCK BUTTON FOR 4 SEC. NOW ALSO HOLD THE PANIC BUTTON

7. RELEASE BOTH BUTTONS AND A SINGLE CHIME WILL BE HEARD THIS INDICATION THAT YOU HAVE SUCCESSFULLY ENTERED PROGRAM MODE. ALL FOBS THAT ARE TO BE PROGRAMMED MUST BE DONE SO WITHIN 30 SEC. OF WHEN THE CHIME WAS HEARD.

8. USING THE FOB TO BE PROGRAMMED PRESS AND RELEASE BOTH THE LOCK AND UNLOCK BUTTONS, SIMULTANEOUSLY.

9. A SINGLE CHIME WILL BE HEARD

10. WITHIN FOUR SECONDS OF HEARING THE CHIME PRESS AND RELEASE EITHER THE LOCK OR UNLOCK BUTTON ON THE FOB.

11. REPEAT STEPS 8 - 10 TO PROGRAM UP TO TWO ADDITIONAL FOBS.

12. YOUR TRUCK WILL REMAIN IN PROGRAM MODE UP TO 30 SEC FROM WHEN THE ORIGINAL CHIME WAS HEARD. AFTER 30 SEC. ALL PROGRAMMED FOBS FUNCTION NORMALLY

+2
Wednesday, June 29th, 2011 AT 4:04 PM
2CARPROS KEN

Yep that is how it is done, good find on that, also the horn sounds weak because it needs replacing, they go out often.

Thursday, September 1st, 2016 AT 3:56 PM