2001 Chevrolet Tahoe AC problems

RANDY SHARP
  • 2001 CHEVROLET TAHOE
2001 chevy tahoe, having some ac issues system blowing warm air.I thought it might be the temp control switch but it was fine cable was good and the door under the dash was closing and sealing. But the other day I was checking the condenser for anything blocking it from getting air it was fine, then I started it up and now the compressor is not engaging and I want to put freon in it. So here is my question I know you can manually use a fused jumper wire by taking the ac relay out and running a hot from battery to a connection where relay is I need to know which one it is this truck has automatic climate control does anybody know? I do not have a manual
Wednesday, July 3rd, 2013 AT 4:15 PM

Have a pro look at this if Freon leaked out ti won't stay long and you'll waste your money
Thursday, July 4th, 2013 AT 8:59 AM
RANDY SHARP
Hey thanks again but really what I need to know is I have to have that clutch engaged as I am adding the freon right, and I wanted to know if you knew what terminal it would be where the relay goes so I can run a jumper wire from there to the battery, so I can get the clutch engaged manually.I would appreciate it I don't have a manual for this truck. Thank you again
Thursday, July 4th, 2013 AT 9:24 AM
If you start to put the Freon in it may allow you to engage the clutch so it will take the rest in. The amound should have a sticker on the radiator if you need to jump it use the pressure switch on the accumaltor, but you probably won't as it fills or even with the first can sending pressure in it wil problably work. You really shouldn't do this though as it may only last a day or two anyhow.
-1
Thursday, July 4th, 2013 AT 9:31 AM
RANDY SHARP
OK I know what switch you are talking about just unplug it and what terminal do I jump it to. Sorry for all the questions.I have learned alot from your experience.I really appreciate it.
Thursday, July 4th, 2013 AT 8:10 PM
Yu just unplug it andjump form one sside ot the other, but if youget like 3/4 can in plug it back in
Friday, July 5th, 2013 AT 6:45 AM
RANDY SHARP
Ok thanks for the help on the ac it is fixed. Now I have another question for you. I have this 1981 cad sedan de ville getting no fuel to engine my manual does not show anything I need to know inside the cat it has 2 fuse boxes one of them holds the relays do you happen to know which one might be the fuel pump relay?It has a 6.0 8, 6, 4 motor DFI system.
Saturday, July 13th, 2013 AT 8:04 PM
Boy you surelike punishment with that motor lol. See pic
Sunday, July 14th, 2013 AT 5:56 AM