A/C BLOWS WARM

99MONGUSE
  • 2001 CHEVROLET SUBURBAN
2001 suburban, a/c blows warm when not moving but cold when moving
Monday, July 18th, 2011 AT 8:53 PM

Check the air blend door and actuator
Monday, July 18th, 2011 AT 9:27 PM
99MONGUSE
Here's the scenario.I come out of work on my lunch hour and start the truck to eat lunch with the A/C on, since it's like 95' outside. I start the truck, turn on A/C and sit and sit and sit with actually hot air coming from ALL vents. I can sit there for my entire lunch hour with no cold A/C but if I drive down the road for about 5 minutes at moving speed of 15+mph, the A/C gets cold FAST and is really cold(I had the system charged, the rear evaporator has a small leak but it holds pressure, it took almost two years to get to a point where the a/c wouldn't blow cold anymore). When I feel it get cold I turn around and go park back at work, letting the truck idle while I eat. It's plenty cold.
Tuesday, July 19th, 2011 AT 1:02 AM
Check for a vacuum leak or your fan not pulling enough air into the engine. When you are m oving the movement gets engouhg air to cool the condensor where the heat goes from inside the car. You should never run a/c at idle anyhow due to higher pressure being built up, 1500 rpm is more of a good speed for this. Sounds like you need more air movement accross condensor to cool the unit. If you have an electric fan maybe one isn't working when it should be. If you have electric fan there shold be two an done shold go no automatically when you turn the air on. But idling in that kind of heat is no good for cooling
-1
Wednesday, July 20th, 2011 AT 3:13 PM