DOES A CHAIN PIPE CUTTER CUT THROUGH A EXHAUST PIPE?

2001 Chevrolet Impala

dmack716716

May, 13, 2012 AT 1:20 AM

My cat. converter is severally clogged which has decreased my acceleration and performance, so I need to cut it off and replace it with a flexpipe (p.s. I know this is "illegal"), anyways will the pipe cutter work? Here is a link to it> http://www.autozone.com/autozone/accessories/OEM-Tail-Pipe-Cutter/_/N-2646?itemIdentifier=111609_0_0_

DrCranknWrench

May, 13, 2012 AT 1:25 AM

Cahin pipe cutters are the best way to go. I think they are the only way to get a clean straight sut. Advance or Auto Zone probably loans them out with a deposit as well.
There is a new web site that is trying to push the best and some small online retailers. If you can, set up your order through the links at www. Carrepairlinks. Com.
It will be going to a good cause. Pass the word on.

dmack716716

May, 13, 2012 AT 1:30 AM

Your answer is very much appreciated! Thank you! I shall go to Autozone on Tuesday and rent this tool.

DrCranknWrench

May, 13, 2012 AT 1:45 AM

Yeah, it is reallly the only way to go especially on car.
Remember to check out www. Carrepairlinks. Com , when you get a chance. Its gonna be really different and a great resource.

Replace Muffler
Catalytic Converter Replacement Volkswagen
Oxygen Sensor Replacement Honda Civic 1996-20
Oxygen Sensor Replacement Dodge Stratus