2001 Cadillac DES

GIZMORPH
  • 2001 CADILLAC DTS
I have a 2001 Cadillac DES. I was driving on the highway and the headlamps began to flicker on and off, same thing with dash lamps and warning lights, electronic speedometer went crazy. Battery said low volts. I got home and turned the car off and went to re-start it and it would just click. I took the battery and had it tested. Tested good. I noticed when I turned the key off the fuel pump would continue running. Unhooked battery cables then re-hooked them and the pump was off, I turned the key over and off again and pump did same thing. Possible Ignition problem? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thursday, March 3rd, 2011 AT 5:01 PM

FACTORYJACK
The fact that it was losing power, and the battery discharged, sounds like a charging system fault.
Friday, March 4th, 2011 AT 5:13 AM
GIZMORPH
I put in a new battery and now it is saying to service the anti-theft system.
Gstacey: what do you suggest I do?
Cadieman: sorry, what do you mean "cycle the key in the key in l/f door will cancel alarm." Do I just turn the key in the left door lock.
Thanks,
Nicole
Saturday, March 5th, 2011 AT 8:24 PM