LOCKING RORBLEM

2001 BMW 118d

bgeib

The passenger door cannot be openned from the outside. The inside dor handle doesn open the door. The automatic lock and unlock button inside pops the lock on the door up and down but does not open the door.
The automatic window on that door when rolled down 2-3 inches pops the door open and the door cannot be closed until the window is rolled up using the button.
Any help would be greatly appreciated since the convertible top is not useable because of this situation. Thanks

Heater Door Won't Open

Rear Door Will Not Open

Dr. Hagerty

January, 31, 2011 AT 1:56 AM

I am not entirely sure I understand the question. The drivers door does not respond to the handle when unlocked. The inside door pull does not open the door when locked or unlocked. The lock/unlock button operates the locks. The lock/unlock button does not open the door. And the one I especially do not understand is the automatic window on that door when rolled down 2-3 inches pops the door open and the door cannot be closed until the window is rolled up using the button. So I request we try this again, one at a time, in particular, the last one, which makes no sense to me. And can we count on a donation for helping to fix the car?

Fix a Door That Will Not Close With Ease
Window Switch Replacement and Test
Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement
Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda