I HAVE A 2001 ACURA INTEGRA AND I WENT TO ...

2001 Acura Integra

Anonymous

November, 2, 2012 AT 7:06 AM

I have a 2001 acura integra and I went to orielys to get a check engine light diagnosis and it told me I have cylinder 4 misfiring so I replaced that spark plug and left, as I was driving home my car started to rev high and not want to drive at about 10-20 mph so I pulled over and turned it off and pulled the cap off the part I replaced the spark plug and put it back on then got backi in turned car on and tried going, it drove for a second and started to continue to do the same thing. I went back since check engine light came back on and they diagonosed it as incorrect gear ratio. What does this mean and whats my options on getting my car runnin again

DrCranknWrench

November, 2, 2012 AT 9:33 AM

If the trouble code is coming up as incorrect gear ratio you may have a transmission problem. Either the torque converter solenoid or the shift solenoid is bad. Take it to a transmission shop, not a regular repair facility. Automatic transmissions take a lot of experience to work on and diagnose. They also require special tools and stadard repair shops just don't have what is needed to work on them. AAMCO charges to much. So, use the internet to find a transmission repair facility near you.

Spark Plug Replacement Ford Explorer 4.6L V8
Spark Plug Replacement Honda Element
Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz ML500
Spark Plug and Wire Replacement Ford Mustang
Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz C230
Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Corolla 2000-20