I JUST BOUGHT THE CAR AND DO NOT HAVE PRIOR ...

1998 Acura Integra

Anonymous

March, 5, 2013 AT 7:48 AM

I just bought the car and do not have prior service records. Approx 170,000km on the motor.
98 acura integra gs. Timing belt replaced 20,000km ago. I just replaced the spark plugs to NGK iridiums and they are gapped to.044 as per spec, new fuel filter, the car has a high flow exhaust system. It is pulling code 74- random misfire on cylinder 4. Looking at the spark plugs it appears to be running lean. I have 87 octane fuel in the car currently.

Car was sputtering and idling rough after 300 kms on the highway today. After starting it 6 hours later it did not sputter but I am still getting the same code.

I do not have a timing light to check with, but after reading different articles I believe that it is advanced beyond spec possibly causing it to run lean?
Any suggestions of how to fix this issue?

March, 5, 2013 AT 3:45 PM

If you think it is the ignition timing, you would need to get a timing light to check. Misfiring for cylinder 4 could be due to a fault with the EGR system. Have it chacked.

Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Spark Plug Replacement Ford Explorer 4.6L V8
Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Corolla 2000-20
Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz C230
Spark Plug Replacement Honda Element
Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz ML500