AIR PROBLEM

2000 Vauxhall Vectra

miktina

February, 13, 2011 AT 11:16 AM

Hi, I have a vouxhall vectra 20 diesel, I have a problem to start the engine early in the mornings and when I park, let say more than 5 hours.
between when I start it exemp every 2 hours its start immediately.I check the fuel pump, I clean it up to see if its leaks, the pipes because all the pipes are clip on and there is no clips, the fuel return pipes, everywhere is dry and I cant see any sign of leaks.
can you please tell me what it is causing me this problem. Thanks

February, 13, 2011 AT 1:08 PM

There are 2 possible causes for the difficult starting.

1. Glow plugs. Ensure they are in working condition with power suppy while cranking.

2. Air in system. This would be due to leakages allowing air to get to the system. Leaking lines might not show too much signs of leakages asmost of the lines operates under vacuum except for the return lines. If the delivery lines has any leakages, you would most likely have intermittent performance problems such as lack of throttle response or hesitation.

Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Pressure Test