AIR INTAKE

2000 Toyota Solara

jamosen

January, 7, 2011 AT 7:00 AM

Can I install the K&N cold air intake system in my 2000 toyota solara 2.2 4 cylinder engine? If not then what cold air intake system do you suggest?

mhpautos

January, 7, 2011 AT 8:42 AM

You can as long as you still incorporate any sensors in the induction system, just be aware that these can be very noisy compared to standard air filters.

jamosen

January, 7, 2011 AT 8:51 AM

Can I expect much of a increase in horse power and gas mileage?

mhpautos

January, 7, 2011 AT 9:00 AM

Cold air intakes help the engine breath cooler denser air, this increases volumetric efficiency and this helps with both power and economy, think about how better the car runs on cool damp days, the air is cooler and denser, same effect, but if you draw air from the engine bay, it will still be hot, you must draw air from out side the engine bay to make it work.

jamosen

January, 7, 2011 AT 9:03 AM

Any suggestions where to run it out of the engine bay? And whats the best cold air intake system for this car?

mhpautos

January, 7, 2011 AT 10:12 AM

I made a shaker air scoop over the air box, made a new air box and fashioned the pre filter into this, it all sealed up with the bonnet closed and the scoop was only about 1 1/2 opening, I made this from scratch for a customer a few year ago, it worked very well.

jamosen

January, 16, 2011 AT 5:09 AM

Jet Performance Computer Upgrade, is this chip upgrade any good? And is this "WEAPON-R - Secret Weapon Air Intake System" any good? It seems to be the only air intake that will bolt up to my car.

mhpautos

I have not had any experience with either of these sorry, maybe try a owner forum to see what others use, Mark

jamosen

January, 19, 2011 AT 5:21 AM

Found this G-Force performance module that installs into your TOYOTA SOLARA's engine bay and is connected via 2 wires that plug into the IAT sensor. The unit is then able to reprogram the ECU thus improving your car's performance. Now they tell me its going to increase HP by some 35 HP and MPG by 5 MPG and also lower my emissions by 25-40% all for under $70.00. Does this sound like a scam or is this thing legit?

mhpautos

January, 19, 2011 AT 9:24 AM

I doubt that it will give these improvements, $70 for a performance up grade like this, I would be suspicious.

Air Intake Boot Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Mercedes Air Filter Replacement
Air Filter Replacement
Air Filter Replacement
Air Filter Replacement
Air Filter Replacement