CLUNKING FROM DRIVER SIDE WHEEL AREA

2000 Saturn SL2

kriskinzie@yahoo.com

May, 13, 2012 AT 5:58 PM

I have a 2000 saturn sl2 and it makes a clunking noise driver front, these noises occur when I brake and accelerate and when turning I have no problem going over bumps

May, 13, 2012 AT 6:01 PM

I would look at the bushings in the lower arm as well as any loose steering parts.

kriskinzie@yahoo.com

May, 13, 2012 AT 6:31 PM

Ok it looks as if there is something loose in the bar the connects the both wheels its a thin bar not sure exactly what it is

May, 13, 2012 AT 6:33 PM

Stabalizer link kits are common

kriskinzie@yahoo.com

May, 13, 2012 AT 6:44 PM

Thats what that is, I thought it was but I wasnt so sure theres no grinding so I know it cant be bearings, by the way, thanks for the help

May, 13, 2012 AT 6:46 PM

Good luck

saturntech9

May, 13, 2012 AT 9:05 PM

Just to add to this one if it goes from one lower control arm to the other lower control that is the sway bar. Also another thing I have seen is the lower control arms loosen up where they pivot on the subframe and make a poping noise. They have to be really tight that nut and bolt or they will pop.

Engine Oil Change and Filter Toyota Tundra
Brake Pad/Brake Rotor Replacement - Rear
Engine Oil Change and Filter Saturn LS1
 Oil Change & Filter Replacement Honda Civic