I NEED TO FIND OUT WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY CAR IT ...

2000 Saturn SL1

tiffany10

March, 3, 2013 AT 2:35 AM

I need to find out what is wrong with my car it started out when you put it into reverse it didn't want to kick into gear so I touched the gas gently and it jerked so that fowwling Monday I put it into reverse to take it to the shop it didn't want to kick into gear so I touched the gas gently it jerked made a loud bang noise and cut off but all it is doing is turning over can you please help me

saturntech9

March, 3, 2013 AT 4:17 PM

That year and model you most likely have a loose input shaft nut or worn out pressure regulator bore in the valve body.I could tell more with a pressure test. So it won't start in park?Does it have spark?

tiffany10

March, 4, 2013 AT 4:41 AM

No it want start in none of the gears and yes it does have spark I keep getting different stories from people its either the crank shaft or the transmission or the torch converter but I have a 2 yr old daughter and that's my only car to take her to doctors appt. I just need to find out what it is

saturntech9

March, 4, 2013 AT 6:44 AM

Have you tried holding your gas pedal to the floor while cranking and trying to start it?

tiffany10

March, 4, 2013 AT 3:41 PM

I tryed that it still want start could it be the motor? I just need it to start and I can take it to a shop

tiffany10

March, 4, 2013 AT 3:45 PM

Were exactly at will that valve body be located at

saturntech9

March, 5, 2013 AT 4:12 AM

The valve body is under the battery under the transmission valve body cover. You could have a bad coolant temp sensor.

tiffany10

March, 5, 2013 AT 7:50 AM

Could it jump time? And were do you think I should start first to find out why it want crank

saturntech9

March, 6, 2013 AT 5:44 AM

Spray a little carb spray in the throttle body and see if it starts?

tiffany10

March, 6, 2013 AT 8:09 AM

Could that be one of the problems?

saturntech9

March, 6, 2013 AT 2:53 PM

We have to elimate things we could also do a compression test. Do you have a multi meter to do some testing?