REMOVING THE TRANSMISSION PLEASE HELP

2000 Saturn SC2

amorydmartinez

May, 8, 2012 AT 1:56 AM

I have a 2000 sc2 sat. Was wondering if ya could direct me to some info on removing the transmission. Its shot and so is throw out bearing. Any info would be nice before I start tearing it down.

Just need helpful info before I remove transmission

fixitmr

May, 8, 2012 AT 2:14 AM

How many miles on er?

amorydmartinez

May, 8, 2012 AT 2:26 AM

Shouldnt matter im just asking for some info for removal? But as I asked this question I also looked up some info of my own and ive found it thanks anyway.

fixitmr

May, 8, 2012 AT 3:03 PM

Well, I cant see the whole question with INFO so I asked a question so i'd get an email where I CAN see all the info. Website design problem I guess. Dont hear of many manual trans failures so I wondered if mileage was a factor?

saturntech9

May, 8, 2012 AT 7:59 PM

Just to add to this one I have seen the diff pins break on those transmissions taking out the case. People put the wrong fluid in gear oil instead of transmission fluid ruining it etc. Fixitmr was only trying to help you out by asking questions. Hoping to help you out that maybe you didnt need to replace the transmission. Were here to help people not make them mad not everyone asking questions is for sure knowing what is the actual problem with there car. So please dont get mad at us for asking questions especially since we cant read the whole subject box that most people ask there questions in. Were working on that issue at this time.

Pulling an Auto Trans? Easy Instructions
Drive Shaft Removal - All Cars
Clutch/Flywheel/Rear Main Seal Replacement