VAN SPUTTERS WHILE DRIVING ON HIGHWAY, MOSTLY GOING UP GRADES.

2000 Pontiac Montana

werwer2012

March, 25, 2012 AT 7:04 AM

Van has been doing this for about two months and seems to be getting worse now. It seems to be worse on cruise control and going up grades. Tried three bottles of injector cleaner to date, no change.

March, 25, 2012 AT 10:28 AM

Do you have a check engine light and when was last tune-up?

Go to this walk thru link for additional information:http://www.2carpros.com/articles/engine-misfires-or-runs-rough

werwer2012

March, 25, 2012 AT 1:25 PM

The check engine light is on and apparently the code it is showing is P0441 with I was told by a mechanic has nothing to do with this problem. Not sure about the tuneup as we just bought it January 13 of this year. I do know that the spark plugs were replaced though. I did notice that the sputtering is getting worse though and really noticeable on grades.

March, 25, 2012 AT 7:23 PM

P0440 - Evaporative Emission Control System Malfunction

werwer2012

March, 25, 2012 AT 8:14 PM

My mistake it was code P0440 and I looked it up on the link you sent me. I guess that it could be pretty much anything at this stage.