RESPONCE TO THAT WONT START

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue

ericreed

November, 16, 2011 AT 6:11 AM

Power from switch seems to power everything else I even bought a new switch to see but when it didn't make any difference I returned that $150 part! I thought one of the anti-theft features maybe but security light never flashes hit the panic button and put key in switch turn on to disengage panic When car did run though you could start it and remove the key? Thinking maybe PCM not working maybe could be crank sensor im lost But im asking you cause this intrigue may look better with some FLAMES on it if I can't figure this RESPONDS? Lol kidding

November, 16, 2011 AT 6:22 AM

Are you saying it cranks over and will not start if this is the issue do below:

http://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-cranks-but-wont-start

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, Do you hear the fuel pump come On when you turn key on? If not check fuel pump fuse and fuel pump relay if okay-check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs,coil's resistances,cap and rotor,distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it and keep testing

ericreed

November, 16, 2011 AT 11:02 AM

Yes it has spark everything, I can ether start it. But no power to pump power to one side of relay that's it! Tried na switch relay checked fuseable links connection all I can think of, now what you say?

ericreed

November, 16, 2011 AT 3:16 PM

Yes I have spark I have power to everything but I don't have my power to fuel pump, I have power to 1 side of the relay but not going through to relay, have you been a brand new switch and a new relay

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right