WHY WONT MY DASHBOARD LIGHTS COME ON?

2000 Oldsmobile Bravada

mike1979tyler2003

April, 29, 2012 AT 11:03 PM

Driver door window buttons light dimmly. No gauge lights or lights on heater and radio buttons. Overhead compass/information center and clock on radio works. Noticed when you push in and out on dome override button headlights and compass etc. Go off. Ive changed the headlight switch unit with new one no difference. Changed the gauge cluster still nothing. Im not getting no power in the fuse box on fuse number 12(illum).

April, 30, 2012 AT 3:08 AM

THIS THING GOT A DASH DIMMER?

IS IT DIMMED?

mike1979tyler2003

May, 1, 2012 AT 12:37 AM

Yes. The dimmer is all the way on. I noticed too the information center and clock on radio will be off when driving and when you shut key off they come on.

May, 1, 2012 AT 12:51 AM

NOT REAL FAMILIAR WITH YOUR RIG

DO YOU HAVE DAYLIGHT RUNNING LIGHTS (DRL)?

IF SO, RECKON IT COULD BE RELATED?

IF YOU WANT---I MAY BE ABLE TO GET YOU WIRING DIAGRAMS FROM "MITCHEL I". USUALLY THERE ARE MANY (SOMETIMES HUNDREDS!

WE MIGHT NARROW THE SYSTEMS DOWN TO "HEADLIGHTS" AND MAYBE "INSTRUMENTS LIGHTING (ILLUMINATION)" (OR HOWEVER IT'S LISTED). LET ME KNOW IF YOU WANT ME TO TRY, ALSO ANY OTHER SYSTEMS YOU MIGHT WANT

THE DIAGRAMS ARE EZ TO READ, AND MAY DISPLAY SOMETHING IN LINE THAT YOU MAY WANT CHECK, OR HAD NO CLUE IT WAS THERE

LET ME KNOW. PLEASE INCLUDE EXACT NOMENCLATURE OF YOUR VEHICLE (LIKE LX, STP, LTD. YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN)---ENGINE SIZE---MANUAL/ AUTOMATIC ETC, AND ANY OPTIONS IT MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE (LIKE DRLs)

HAVING THAT INFO, KEEPS ME FROM ASKING AGAIN

Seat Switch Replacement GMC Yukon
Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda
Replace Your Turn Signal Switch Like a Pro