MERCEDES 00' REAR SUSPENSION?

2000 Mercedes Benz S430

south carolina

December, 1, 2010 AT 6:35 PM

What should I start checking for a failing rear suspension on a 00' s430. What should I check and where to start.

Front End

Dr Loot

December, 2, 2010 AT 6:28 AM

The rear suspension is too complicated and I don't believe you have the special tools better take it in to a German shop that knows these vehicles.

Rear axle
Fig. 1: Identifying Rear Axle Components
General
The principle of the multi-link rear suspension has been adopted from the model 140, but all the components have been redeveloped in terms of function improvements and weight savings. The kinematics and elastokinematics (rubber mount 1a and 1b from the rear axle carrier to the longitudinal frame member) have been adapted to the frame floor.
Rear axle carrier
The rear axle carrier (1) represents a completely new development. Instead of the former steel-sheet welded construction, an aluminum welded construction has been developed achieving the best result in terms of weight, stiffness, strength and recycling. All the individual components consist of deep-drawn aluminum sheet. The use of only one aluminum material is particularly beneficial to recycling.
Rear axle center assembly
The front and rear suspension at the rear axle carrier has been further optimized. To isolate vibrations and noise better the front center assembly suspension has been further improved compared with model 140. An additional extension section made of aluminum with rubber mounts which is fixed in the front cross member offers advantages for the mounting.

Sway Bar Link Replacement Chevrolet Silverado
Sway Bar Link Replacement Subaru Legacy
Upper Control Arm Replacement
Replace Tie Rod End
Shock Replacement - Front Chevrolet Silverado