THE CAR DIED SUDDENLY AND WILL NOT START, HAS IT JUMPED TIME?

2000 Mazda Protege

benbrinson

March, 13, 2012 AT 6:39 PM

Driving down the highway at about 50mph the car suddenly and quietly lost power the motor stopped no noises or warning, we thought at first the fuel pump but after checking it decided it was fine gas all the way to the injectors with plenty of pressure, so then checked the plus and all are firing, then we tried startin fluid directly into the throttle body wit no result, the car sounds like it wants to start, the timing belt was replaced about 15,000 miles ago and seems tight, could it be some sort of sensor not alowing the car to start or does it sound more like the timing has jumped? Help im running outta ideas! Checked the fuses/ relays all seem fine

DrCranknWrench

March, 13, 2012 AT 6:41 PM

I am going to give you a diagnostic walk through for your situation. If it is not mentioned in the walk through, and I am pretty sure it is as it goes into great detail, check the cpression to make sure the valves did not hit the pistons.
Just follow the link below;

http://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-cranks-but-wont-start

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Pressure Test