I HAVE BEEN DRIVING MY PARENTS MPV PPL MOVER CAR...

2000 Mazda MPV

Anonymous

February, 6, 2013 AT 6:37 AM

I have been driving my parent's MPV ppl mover car for a couple of months now driving my family here & there. And I have been having a situation. I am hearing a rattling noise as I turn off the ignition from a day's worth of driving and as I am driving, as I want to take off from the traffic lights or from an intersection, it is slow. I mean very slow and I'm really scared that the cars at the back of me might hit me as I am taking off way too slow but I am pressing on the accelerator to the speed mode that I want it to just to take off, It never use to be like this in the beginning as I first started to drive the MPV but now I am having difficulties driving it. Also, as I am at a stop sign or yet again at the traffic lights, the car is rattling virgorously as a result of the steering wheel shaking in response to the rattling noise, Does it mean that I have a problem with the car engine itself. On another occasion, I am driving in a 60km zone and I am pressing the accelerator hard to reach the 60km but instead it would end up 70km on my dash board. I know, there is something wrong with the car but I need to find out what the exact problem is to avoid any accidents and would it be safe to still drive the MPV?

Thank You
Kind Regards

Camilla.

caradiodoc

February, 6, 2013 AT 7:17 AM

If it's shaking when standing still it sounds like it is long overdue for maintenance including spark plugs and wires. Misfires greatly reduce engine performance and waste a real lot of fuel. There are a lot of other things that can cause the symptoms you described. Time to get a mechanic involved.

Steering Intermediate Shafts Replacement
Replace Tie Rod End
Power Steering Fluid Flush Acura MDX 2000-200