2000 MAZDA MPV

2000 Mazda MPV

typhoonk

April, 29, 2011 AT 9:55 PM

2000 Mazda MPV. Battery is getting drained after a couple of days of sitting. Amperage drain is about 180ma. I have chased the issue down to the 'room' fuse in the cabin fuse box.
If I pull the fuse and put it back the drain goes to zero. But then when I lock and close the door, it jumps back up. Pull the fuse through the window and put it back and the drain goes back to zero. All door pins are either new or in good condition (checked with a multimeter, as well as swapping pins).
Any Idea where to look?
thanks
-Ken

May, 1, 2011 AT 3:06 PM

Vehicles nowadays are equipped with Body Control Modules (BCM) and these are intelligient computers that would work for a while after everything is turned off.

When performing test, you need to wait at least 30 seconds to allow the BCM to go to sleep. Testing before this period would definitely have a high battery drain as the BCM is still working. I would suggest testing the battery drain afte waiting for at least 20 minutes after closing door to allow the BCM to go to sleep first. That would be more accurate.

If problem persists, it could be a faulty BCM.

Air Conditioner Condenser Fan Relay Replace