No spark at the plugs

• 2000 MAZDA ETUDE

I have no spark on the plugs I traced the wiring for open circuit and I checked the fuses none blown I don't know if it has a relay for the ecu control.

I went through the wiring again and I found a blown fuse so it now I have current to the coilpack but still no spark on the spark plugs. On the plug that goes into the coil pack is three wires the one I see is earth and the other positive so than what is the middle wire for and how does it operate.

It doesn't show any codes on the cluster it is the zm3 engine. I traced the middle wire and it goes to the ecu now can it be that I can suspect the ecu cause I have put other sensors on the crank and cam sensors and I put even other coil packs on but still it just swing strongly with out spark but I have continuity and current to the coil packs if I put a wire from the wire that goes to the ecu on the coil pack to the post of the battery it sent spark through to the spark plug but it doesn't start

Wednesday, October 31st, 2012 AT 8:49 AM

It sounds like the main pcm relay is not working. Here is a guide and some diagrams that will help you confirm the failure and get back on the road.

XO-5 is the relay location check out the diagrams below.

Make sure the crankshaft sensor connector is in good shape with no pulled pins.

Please let us know what happens.

Cheers, Ken

Saturday, October 21st, 2017 AT 3:53 PM