No spark at the plugs

FRANCOISPIENAAR
  • 2000 MAZDA ETUDE

I have no spark on the plugs I traced the wiring for open circuit and I checked the fuses none blown I don't know if it has a relay for the ecu control.

I went through the wiring again and I found a blown fuse so it now I have current to the coilpack but still no spark on the spark plugs. On the plug that goes into the coil pack is three wires the one I see is earth and the other positive so than what is the middle wire for and how does it operate.

Wednesday, October 31st, 2012 AT 8:49 AM

KHLOW2008

That should be for the Engine Computer to signal the coil to fire.
Did you check for trouble codes?
Which engine do you have?
Have you checked the crank sensor?

-1
Wednesday, October 31st, 2012 AT 4:57 PM
FRANCOISPIENAAR

It doesn't show any codes on the cluster it is the zm3 engine. I traced the middle wire and it goes to the ecu now can it be that I can suspect the ecu cause I have put other sensors on the crank and cam sensors and I put even other coil packs on but still it just swing strongly with out spark but I have continuity and current to the coil packs if I put a wire from the wire that goes to the ecu on the coil pack to the post of the battery it sent spark through to the spark plug but it doesn't start

+2
Thursday, November 1st, 2012 AT 9:20 AM
KHLOW2008

If the crank sensor is good, the only problem causing the no spark would be the PCM. If you have immobilizer system ensure it is not armed.

+1
Please consider a donation if we helped you
Thursday, November 1st, 2012 AT 12:12 PM

Recommended articles