I was driving home when my car just stops.

ANONYMOUS
  • 2000 MAZDA 626

I was driving home when my car just stops working, the power steering and all else. I forced it off the road in a prkinglot to find out I had no oil but there was never a warning light to let me know. After being pulled the rest of the way home I filled it up with oil and it starts but it dies if I stop tapping the gas. I find out there was no coolant for my radiator. But my car perfectly fine starting up when I was on my way home. So I fill it up with water and it stays running without me pressing the gas but theres a noise in my engine that wasnt there before. I turned it off and went inside, a couple hours later I jump in my car to leave and my car doesnt want to fully start. It trys but fails. Wtf

Tuesday, November 6th, 2012 AT 9:40 AM

KHLOW2008

You never checked the oil and monitor the coolant temperature and level and now you should be looking for a new engine. The lack of oil has most probably spun a rod and the overheating could have damaged the head gasket.
You would need to perform diagostics to determine the extent of the damage.

Please consider a donation to help us answer more questions.
Tuesday, November 6th, 2012 AT 1:06 PM