START ENGINE IT WILL TURN BUT IMMEDIATELY

2000 Lincoln LS

Annexis

February, 8, 2012 AT 5:41 PM

Hi! My car broke down on me (2000 Lincoln LS). It basically shut down like a computer would. However, trying to start it will turn but immediately do the same thing. Under the hood I was able to idle it and it stayed started but I heard a ticking sound (not knocking, ticking). I took it to the shop where there the mechanics attempted to do a diagnostic. They claimed that they couldn't get a reading with the tests. This morning he called and stated my engine is gone. Mind you, he didn't get that fact from any test. Please advise!

February, 8, 2012 AT 6:01 PM

If you dont believe him, take it somewhere else and get another opinion. A guess from here is a big guess.
Did it overheat? Did it loose oil pressure? Was it knocking before it stopped?

Annexis

February, 8, 2012 AT 6:33 PM

It did not over heat, it did not have water in the oil and there was no ticking prior to the shut down.

February, 8, 2012 AT 7:28 PM

Ask them to be more specific about the failure.

Annexis

February, 8, 2012 AT 11:08 PM

Thx for the immediate response, due to the lack of trust I just towed it to another auto center. He could not explain how he came up with that diagnostic so I will get it to somewhere who's more professional with their findings. I'll donate because you didn't try to charge before giving an answer. Thx so so much : D

February, 8, 2012 AT 11:23 PM

Good luck, please let us know the outcome

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Pressure Test