PLEASE HELP...CAN THIS CAR BE SAVED...CAR STALLS UPON ACCELERATION AND RPMS INCREASE THEN DECREASE

2000 Lexus RX 300

amcrumb

December, 5, 2011 AT 2:31 AM

The car began******** like I had air in the gas when I accelerated, then it got worse and the rpms would fluctuate from high to back down and I was accelerating and then it wouldn't move. I turned car off to reset and car accelerated but then I push gas and it would not go. I added fuel injector to gas and let it run a bit and then noticed a loud high pitched buzzing noise. Any help would be appreciated, not sure I should get it towed to the repair shop or will I can cause more damage to the vehicle.
Thanks!

rivermikerat

December, 5, 2011 AT 2:34 AM

Proper towing won't cause any damage.

Check the fuel pressure. If low, check the fuel filter and pump. Check for spark.

Oxamanduhx

February, 8, 2012 AT 9:10 PM

Check MAF sensor, its more of a common problem on the RX300, most of the time it will not set a code.

rivermikerat

February, 9, 2012 AT 4:17 AM

A MAF Sensor issue will set a soft code, which isn't going to cause the CEL to light.

Oxamanduhx

February, 9, 2012 AT 1:41 PM

Sometimes is will, sometimes it won't! There are often times where is can be the idle air control motor as well, sometimes it won't set the CEL either. It is best to go to a place where they can check the fuel trims on the scan tool. You would have one rare Lexus if the fuel pump is bad. If one of the coil packs are bad, it would not only set the check engine light, it would flash. It is possible that the VVT-i sensors are bad in the engine as well.