ENGINE ISSUE

2000 Lexus RX 300

torwar

I have a 2000 Lexus RX300 and the transmission was just rebuilt for the 2nd time in 6 months. The transmission specialist said he can replace the knock sensor that needed replacing. When I picked up my truck, the shop manager said I had a rod knock, which was never a a knock prior to bringing it to this shop. While driving home, it starting knock very loud and another mechanic said it sound like something rattling around in the engine as if something was dropped in it and it smells of burnt antifreeze. The engine light is not on and the oil light never came on since the shop said it was bone dry of oil. Can this engine issue be repaired or does it have to replaced/rebuilt? Could it be a flywheel issue that is cheaper to replace than a new engine? If repaired, what is the average cost here in Chicago, IL?

Mis Fire -

Dr. Hagerty

This situation may require third party arbitration to resolve. If there was something that was not tended to during the repairs or if there indeed was an oil issue, there is little cause for us as a site to be in the middle of it. My or our opinion would be just that, an opinion. And you know the old saying about opinions.