2000 HONDA PASSPORT RODEO 3

2000 Honda Passport

GMFuzy

December, 11, 2012 AT 2:52 PM

2000 HONDA passport (rodeo) 3.2 V6 152000miles My engine cranks but won't start this has been a thing off and on for a little over a year now. It began sporatically (maybe 1 out of 10 times) it wouldn't start the battery would randomly be dead and it simply started with a jump from another car or my emergency jumper. I began with replacing the battery with a new one from sears and that wroked for about 3 months. Then it started again I could drive it 2 days in a row with no issues and then the battery would be completely dead again on the 3rd. Now I'm not able to start it at all. It cranks and cranks and sometimes you can hear it start to fire off but it just isn't enough. The fuel filter and pump are new 3000 miles ago. Would it make a difference if it only has 1.5gal of gas in the tank?

December, 11, 2012 AT 3:48 PM

If the battery is dead after 2 or 3 days, you need to have the charging system checked/tested.

Too little fuel in tank can result in nos starting as the fuelpump might not be ale to draw fuel if the vehicle is parked such that the fuel pump is not at the lowest position.

GMFuzy

December, 11, 2012 AT 6:37 PM

The charging system functions properly. The slow drain occurs after the car has sat overnight (possibly the alarm?) But now the car won't even start with a jump it's currenty parked on a slight decline sloping towards the front of the car so I will try a few more gallons of gas. Also I was attempting to change the spark plugs this weekend and my socket was too big ( I have tried proto, husky, craftsman and now pittsburgh) but they are all too big in outside diameter to fit in the well I was told I may need a "shallow wall socket" does anyone know a good brand and where to buy one? My plugs are 7 years old.

December, 12, 2012 AT 8:57 PM

You would need to check for parasitic drains.

http://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-battery-dead-overnight

The above link should be helpful.

For plug wrenches, there are many brands in the market and you need to specify it is for the Rodeo or similar applications.

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Pressure Test