POWER DOOR LOCKS ISSUE

• davidwick
  • 2000 Honda Accord

Power door locks issue. Door would not lock with FOB, I replaced driver side actuator, door locks now but will not open with a delay longer than one second then locks again. Also inside getting out pulling on the door latch after it is open locks the doors. So outside lifting up on door latch locks them unless it is in that 1 sec. Window.

Monday, October 29th, 2012 AT 3:35 AM

• merlin2021

Check for a stuck relay.

Monday, October 29th, 2012 AT 9:28 AM
  • KHLow2008

The door actuator could have been installed out of alignment or the lock/unlock switch is bad.

Monday, October 29th, 2012 AT 11:45 AM
  • davidwick

The relay would be where? I do not have a factory manual on this car. The actuator installed and all the holes lined up and it locks now. The issue is there is only a 1 sec. Delay before it locks again and also pulling the handle from inside or outside locks it unless it is in the 1 sec. Window. Isn't there a controller for this action? In other words what set the delay time? All the other doors work properly so I would think that the lock/unlock switch is ok?

Monday, October 29th, 2012 AT 7:04 PM
  • KHLow2008

The door lock/unlock switch is on the inside door handle trim plate. If it is out of adjustment, it can self-lock. Remove the door panel and disconnect the switch to test if porblem remains or goes away.

The system is controlled by the Multiplex Control Unit and it does not have this delay function etc. Unless a signal is being sent to it to lock the door, the door should not lock.

Tuesday, October 30th, 2012 AT 12:20 PM
  • rivermikerat

Use a meter or test light to see if the switch is activating the lock or if the relay is either generating or receiving a spurious signal.

Wednesday, October 31st, 2012 AT 11:08 PM
  • davidwick

I will try that on Sat. When my son brings the car back.

Thursday, November 1st, 2012 AT 3:50 AM
  • rivermikerat

Darn kids taking our cars when we need them the most! Brings back memories.

Thursday, November 1st, 2012 AT 1:46 PM
  • davidwick

So I figured it out, one of the small screws that holds the actuator on the head stripped some so I had my son find another one and it was just about a little longer. Well the spot I used it in was the one that when it was too long binds the actuator arm, so it was being held locked. Correct size screw now and it is fine. Thanks for all the suggestions, now to get the SRS light to go out, no codes though Honda has had a recall on this since the car had about 50,000. They keep replacing the seatbelt latch.

Sunday, November 4th, 2012 AT 12:22 AM
  • KHLow2008

If the SRS light is showing, there must be trouble codes, unless the control unit or its wiring is bad. Seat belt latch would throw codes too and does replacing the latch make any difference?

Didn't Honda people tell you anything about the trouble codes?

Sunday, November 4th, 2012 AT 8:51 AM
  • davidwick

My son just bought the car about a month ago, one owner with records and synthetic oil since day one. I do not have any trouble codes with my reader which is strange and will reset it the next time I see it. I was going to call the dealer and see if the recall was still valid since it is the SRS system. In the records replacing the latch seems to work for a while then starts to come back and they do it again. I agree the control unit may be bad which means it may not work when needed.

Sunday, November 4th, 2012 AT 3:29 PM