COULD THIS BE MY TRANSMISSION OR TIMING BELT...

• jojo253
  • 2000 Honda Accord

When I first drive in the morning and im pushing on the gas of my 2000 honda accord, my car startes to slow down like its not getting the power and then it will shift kinda. I am not sure if it has to do with transmission or timing belt?

Wednesday, June 6th, 2012 AT 6:00 AM

• rasmataz

-Check the transmission fluid level and condition-start here

Wednesday, June 6th, 2012 AT 6:21 AM
  • KHLow2008

Is the MIL indicating?

Sounds like the engine is hesitating when cold.

Wednesday, June 6th, 2012 AT 1:55 PM
  • jojo253

Fluid lecels should be good since I just went to jiffy lube for all that ad an oild change with transmission fluid changed. Sorry not sure what MIL means. If it means mileage indicator light, the only lighes I have on is my maintenence but this has been hoing on long before that light came on. Just was not sure. Kinda feels like my car wants to move but is being held back I guess is the feeling lol. I was told I need to replace my timing belt cause im at 154000 miles. Other then that my car can haul ass when need to. Thank you guys for the resonces : )

Wednesday, June 6th, 2012 AT 3:01 PM
  • KHLow2008

Malfunction Indicator Light = Check Engine Light. If it is on, get a scan done to check for trouble codes.

Wednesday, June 6th, 2012 AT 5:34 PM