WINDOW

2000 GMC Sierra

tonka4x4

January, 7, 2011 AT 1:38 AM

My window on the driver’s side of a 2000 GMC sierra has trouble going up. It will get about 3 or 4 inches from the bottom and stop then I have to grab the window, and help it the rest of the way up. I thought it was the motor going out because it has done it since I got the truck about 4 years ago and has just recently got worse. I know the window has been replaced by the prevous owner. After I got the new motor in it still does the same thing if not a little bit worse. I know I was careful with the regulator not to get it bent up. And I greased the track that it slides on. It is almost like it is not getting enough power to the motor. But I am just not sure what to do now that the new motor didn’t fix the problem. Any help would be much appreciated.

Jacobandnickolas

February, 21, 2011 AT 1:36 PM

Check to make sure the motor is getting 12 volts. If it isn't, check wiring for damage as well as grounds. NOTE: Usually low power will cause the window to run slower, but not make it stop short of closing. Double check the linkage and track to make sure everything is properly adjusted.

Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda
Window Switch Replacement and Test
Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement
Dynamat Door Installation