The entire security system cannot be bypassed. It is integrated into the operating system and will require the use of Tech 2 scan tool to diagnose the source of the problem. You can try performing the relearn which may or may not work. Even if it does, it may be temporary.
PASSLOCK 10 MINUTE RELEARN
Time required, approximately 10 minutes:
1. Insure that the battery is fully charged.
2. Use the scan tool in order to clear the DTCs.
3. Turn the ignition switch from the OFF position to the CRANK position attempting to start the vehicle. The vehicle will start and then stall.
4. Leave the ignition switch in the ON position while observing the security indicator.
5. When the security indicator turns off, which can take up to 10 minutes, turn the ignition switch off. Wait 10 seconds.
6. The BCM and the PCM will learn the new code on the next start attempt.
Tuesday, October 11th, 2011 AT 1:24 AM