NOT STARTING IN THE COLD

2000 GMC Sierra

ditchrider

February, 9, 2011 AT 2:16 AM

I have a 2000 GMC sierra 1500 that will not start when is about 0 degrees and below outside. I thought that it might be the fuel filter, but I changed the filter and that didnt work. When you are cranking on it to start it, it turns over the normal speed it should turn over. When it get about 10 degrees out it will start. Do you know what it could be?

February, 9, 2011 AT 3:03 AM

Next time it refuses to start don't wait for it to make up its mind-do below immediately to determine if its fuel or spark problem

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, Do you hear the fuel pump come On when you turn key on? If not check fuel pump fuse and fuel pump relay if okay-check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, cap and rotor, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it and keep testing

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Replacement