TORQUE SPECS FOR TIE RODS, IDLE ARM AND PITMAN

• drelectric
  • 2000 GMC Jimmy

Can you please tell me torque specs for the stabilizer bars both nuts in ft lbs or inch lbs. And please torque specs for tie rods, idle arm and Pittman I'm in process of changing all 4 tie rod ends, idle arm and Pittman arm. Please help. I would like to give donation but have no credit card is there another way.

Saturday, October 15th, 2011 AT 4:04 AM

• Jacobandnickolas

As far as the stabalizer bushings, tighten them until the rubber bushings are the same size in diameter as the washers they sit in. For the tie rods, it shows 39 ft. Lbs. There is no listing for the pitman arm, but I believe it is locked and prevented from moving with a cotter pin. Make it tight and make sure to replace the cotter pin so it can't move.

Saturday, October 15th, 2011 AT 4:16 AM
  • drelectric

Thanks very much for the advice. I will do that with stabilizer bar, idle arm and pitman arm

Saturday, October 15th, 2011 AT 4:31 AM
  • Jacobandnickolas

Glad to help. As far as the pitman, mitchel doesn't provide torque specs for it. As long as you tighten it and replace the cotter pin so it can't come off, you should be fine.

Saturday, October 15th, 2011 AT 4:48 AM