Disabling the anti theft system

ZIGGYTHEMAN
  • 2000 FORD WINDSTAR

Van has new battery. Now theft light won't stop flashing and van won't start. Not even cranking. How do I reset it?

Sunday, May 11th, 2014 AT 9:04 AM

2CARPROS KEN

The security system has been activated with the battery change. Remove the battery cable for 30 minutes. Then reconnect the battery and lock and unlock the car using the remote and the car should start.

Please let us know if you need anything else to get the problem fixed.

Cheers, Ken

Saturday, April 22nd, 2017 AT 7:54 PM
JOELSCHWARZ
  • 2001 FORD WINDSTAR

2001 Ford Windstar 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 145000 miles

Part of the plastic of one of my keys busted that has the chip that starts the Windstar. The chip fell out and I only have 1 working key which is a pain. I live in a rural area where I am not too concerned about anybody stealing this vehicle and I am wondering what fuse would disable the theft alarm and then would the key work without the chip? Or is there another way I can get this key to work? I really need two keys for this vehicle without having to reprogram if at all possible!

+2
Saturday, April 22nd, 2017 AT 7:55 PM (Merged)
MHPAUTOS

Hi,

I have been reading the section on the anti theft system on your car, and from what is in Mitchell 1 there is not a disable that can be done, they start that all systems must be operational or the car will not start, There is a fuse in the junction box on the left side of the engine bay, Fuse No 20 15 Amp, this sis the fuse for the passive theft system, I would doubt very much that this will work, it sounds to simple, but wort a try, pull it and see if the car will work on the key, otherwise there may be a dealer fix for this, something that they keep in house, as it is a security system, they won't be advertising how to bypass it, that I am sure, and failing all that you may have to get a key sorted.

+1