MY 2000 FORD TARUS LEAKED ALL OF THE TRANSMISSON...

2000 Ford Taurus

Anonymous

December, 5, 2012 AT 4:46 AM

My 2000 ford tarus leaked all of the transmisson fluid out I put another quart in it came right back out its leaking from in the front on the right side

hmac300

December, 5, 2012 AT 2:43 PM

Proably a pump seal have a trans guy look at it.

robertdebeaux

The tranny fluid goes to the radiator to cool down. Usually there are two lines send and return, On the radiator, the lines are each set in a special connector on the right (passenger) side of the radiator. If one of the connectors fails, the fluid under pressure will leak out.
In your case, since the rate of loss is faster, your lines may be really loose.

The lines are clearly visible, but are harder to get to. Specially the bottom one.
The nut there is a internal flaring nut. You will need a special too to release it.

Then you unscrew the connector from the radiator, insert the new connector and reseat the line. Please make sure that you look up this procedure in the manual to see the lines and location of the parts.

Refilling your transmission is tricky, follow the manual on how to add fluid if needed.