SQUEALING TAURAS

2000 Ford Taurus

SunRay

March, 29, 2011 AT 12:51 AM

I am trying to fix a squeal on my 2000 Ford Tauras. To try to fix the Squeal I replaced the belt twice and replaced the water pump, alternator, power steering pump and idler pulley each once. When we replace the belt the second time the sound went away for a day or so then came back with a vengeance.

March, 29, 2011 AT 2:21 AM

Sounds like you really been throwing parts at it! My buddy had a similar issue with his truck (threw parts too) Turns out it was his throttle body (or rather the gasket) Making a Kazoo sorta sound/ squeal (heard everywhere!). We finally pinned down the noise by shoving a 1/2 piece of heater hose about 2 feet long in his/ my ear, and using it like a stethoscope (even a short piece of garden hose would work). IF YOU TRY THIS PROCEDURE. BE CAREFUL OF MOVING PARTS!--The Medic

PROTECH1980

March, 29, 2011 AT 3:18 AM

Hey CJ, just wanted to chime in, this might be the Camshaft Position Sensor (CMP) Synchronizer, sounds crazy but this is on top of the engine below the throttle body and when they go bad they make a squeling/squeky noise, have replaced a lot of em on the tauruses, to make sure, take that belt right off. See if the noise is still there and try to pinpoint it.

March, 29, 2011 AT 3:31 AM

PROTECH1980--Welcome to make music on any of my posts! If there were any CJs to help, thats where I would be (My Crusade, to teach and help them!) Saw this one was sliding by, I know what it's like to sit with no news at all! Figured I'd try something. But now they have a few possibilities, and you are more than welcome to continue on, if it leans your way.I'm EZ and Happy Go Lucky. Welcome aboard, as you see, I've been here 2 years and haven't reached 1000 yet. Maybe you can catch Rasmataz soon!--The Medic

fixitmr

March, 29, 2011 AT 3:39 AM

Another point, DONT BUY CHEAP BELTS!

Engine Oil Change and Filter BMW 5 Series
Brake Pad and Rotor Replacement Ford Explorer
Brake Pad and Rotor Replacement
Engine Oil Change and Filter Ford Bronco
Engine Oil Change and Filter